dimecres, de setembre 06, 2006

Winter winter

People buy yarn and wool in late summer so as to get all knitted or crocheted items ready for autumn and winter (it's a pseudo-scientific truth). It feels quite odd to be surrounded by wool when it’s still quite hot (unless you manage to control your mind to avoid sensations and succeed in feeling it's not hot). For this winter I thought that I needed some kind of hat...it was quite cold when I ended the classes in Barcelona and took a train back to my city. At almost 11 at night it was cold when I stepped out of the train and had to walk back home. I don’t like to wear hats, or whatever wearable on the head...but maybe, wearing something I made, doesn’t feel that uncomfortable. Green hat - green ideas. For the hat I used Katia austral, colour 26 (50% wool, 50% acrylic, the dark violet wool I used for the bolero)...and some green for the flower (see post about he cell phone cases), I bought the dark green wool at Merceria Santa Ana (but it’s not difficult to find Katia yarn and wool). I began to crochet the hat as I watched (well, listened and sometimes watched) a chapter of some documentary series on Tibet. Several monks making a mandala there, at the other side. And in front of the screen there was me, crocheting. Circles, geometry. Several do and re-do, forward, backward, forward...because I wasn’t following any schema...and I just had my intuition to know when to reduce the diameter and get something to fit the head ( i didn't want to end up having a pseudo-sphere instead of a semi-sphere= hat).

Etiquetes de comentaris: