dimarts, de setembre 12, 2006

retro

Crocheting granny squares!. The idea I had in the beginning was to make a scarf...but then I thought that it would be better to make the scarf of a plain colour and save the granny squares for some coming idea...for some other project (maybe a bag, maybe some afghan...).

I used 4 different colours and 3 different qualities of wool. I already had black and dark violet wook (Gacela, Alvelana. S.L, see post about the genesis of a bolero) but I had to buy the other 2 colours. In early September I went to Lanas el globo with Dudu-sama (Dudu Jae-dong, now going through his Korean Experience), knowing that there I could find something interesting. This friend agreed to come with me as it was something somehow freak to him and brought back memories to him. So....in that shop (I recommend it) I found the light violet (pinkish violet) wool (Eton, Ornaghi filati, colour 742, 50 gr., 125 mts., 50% new wool, 50% acrylic) and the light blue-cyan yarn (Lli’87, Labores P.P., colour 101, 50 gr. 100 mts., 70% linen, 30% fibrana). I can make many colour combinations...
There’s always some part of mathematics hidden behind crochet works, as well as some numerical perfection.