diumenge, d’abril 18, 2010

B/W jacket (houndstooth a.k.a. pied-de-poule variation)

I had found the picture and instructions of a jacket with some sort of houndstooth pattern but, as usually, I felt it could be improved, i.e. adapted to my taste and preferences. The shape is already different, I knitted longer sleeves (sort of 3/4) and I'm not knitting fake pockets. I didn't either knit the ribbing as it's indicated but I crocheted most of it instead.


It seems that I can't really follow any instructions completely since I tend to find something worth being improved.

I'm still amazed about how little yarn I needed! I used 1 yarn ball of each colour (100g) and some extra yarn ...but much less than half a yarn ball. By the way, I used 5mm needles.

I'm not
sure but I might knit a pair of pockets (same pattern, ribbed in black).

Etiquetes de comentaris: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Masa said...

Hello, how are you? I found that the jacket you made is really nice and it suites you beautifuly!

Masa

dimarts, de maig 18, 2010 4:17:00 p. m.  

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home