dissabte, de gener 02, 2010

RECYCLING

Some time ago I read about recycling by crocheting some materials. The examples were old cassette tapes and also plastic bags. Having learnt to knit properly, I remembered such recycling ideas and gave it a try. Why not making a plastic bag out of low-quality plastic bags? There are always lots of plastic bags that end up in the recycling rubbish bin and it could be a good idea to reduce the volume of the rubbish we generate, which is far too much in post-industrial countries.




But that wasn’t enough for me....I kept thinking of other materials to convert....anything else that could be torn and transformed into pseudo-yarn for crocheting and knitting works. So far I converted old pantyhose I no longer wore into yarn. The result is very interesting. I also want to try something else I read about: making yarn from old t-shirts. Using 9mm-gauge knitting needles (I got a pair at a multi-price Chinese shop....for 1 euro) could have good results....Tiny ideas in times of measures against global warming....

Etiquetes de comentaris: , ,